March 2, 2008

Industrial adventure



I went out to test out my new camera this weekend - in search of old houses and rusty things. I found a few houses but nothing that really struck me so I headed home and took the long way to avoid the mall and freeway traffic...and found myself over in the industrial area off of Bakerview Spur.




I found a lovely little corner full of rust and textures that made me go weak in the knees. (We've already established that Im a little odd that way...put a shiney diamond ring in front of me and tell me its all mine...and Ill go "oh...its shiney...thats nice" or put me in front of a broken down cement mixer or an abandoned house and tell me its all mine for the next hour and Ill squeal and jump up and down for 10 minutes before running around snapping pictures...)




There were so many different colors, shapes, lines, texures...."things" to photograph in just a 12'x30' area that I probably could have spent a good 2 hours there with my camera but my tummy was rumbling at me for food and so I snapped a few pictures and got ready to head for home - then realized I had missed a few things and popped in my second memory card to get a few more shots.






I think the fellows down the road at Les Schwab thought I was either A) nuts B) going to bust out a spray paint can and start tagging things or C) nuts...because they kept standing around in groups of 3-4 watching me weaving in and out of the equipment laying about. I dont think they figured out I had a camera until after about 10 minutes of watching me croutching down, bending over and making hand motions. ;) (I get all excited when I find things like this and forget that people can actually see me pointing and squeeling at things)



There is just something about old pipes in a large pile that Im drawn to every time I see them. Im not really sure what it is - but its like "Jen Nip" (catnip) - I cant resist it...I may possibly even purr at times without realizing it... ;) so dont be alarmed if you ever find yourself in my company and we pass a construction site and I start making weird noises....its not the hunky shirtless men with muscles - its all those wonderful pipes laying around in the work zone!





Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I love rust!

No comments: