January 29, 2008

Corner Lot


Last weekend, my husband handed me my camera bag and told me to go have some fun taking pictures for a while - and so I started to head toward the Cement Factory again and as I neared, I noticed there were actually people working there - so I just kept following Marine Drive for a while until this corner lot caught my eye.




The orange of the truck in front of the buildings drew me in - and I fiddled with this set of photographs in my new Digital Lightroom program introduced to me by a new friend and fellow photographer Sandi Heinrich (you most definatly have to check out her page) and Im loving all the antique filters and variations on photos that I can do now.

I was quite curious why this van was parked clear back into that tall grass and butted up against the building - as it just doesnt seem to really belong in the picture...and Im fighting my "Been watching too many CSI Miami's" urges to check for a body in the back of that thing...BUT anyway - it was the blue of the van against the muted browns in this shot that I loved the most.

I sucked all the color from this shot except the browns and greens - I think its looking almost serial killerish now - fitting in with my "What might be in that van..." worries and I think there was a moment that I even jumped near out of my skin when the very large...very scary looking neighbor stuck his head out of his door and told me to "get away from there!" - even though I had not stepped foot on the property and was still firmly planted on the street - I had every right to be taking photographs that day - but I wasnt too sure the van wasnt his...and Id rather be watching CSI than be an idea for a new episodes plot someday... (Ok Ok ...I have quite the imagination dont I?)

With that little request still ringing in my ears, I walked back to my car and took one more shot of the old Dodge - and it wasnt until I got them home and my husband saw it that he noticed it almost looks like someone is sitting at the wheel...*shiver*


All in all - I think this shot here is my favorite. I wished I could have wandered around back to see the other side as it appeared to have even more moss on that side than the one facing me - but HULK was watching - and I didnt feel like being pulverized on a lovely Saturday afternoon.

PS - I love mossy barns - if you have one and dont mind me walking around it and dont store dead bodies in your vans parked next to them - please email me - I would love to photograph it :)

No comments: