January 29, 2008

Favorite Fall Folliage


I think this was my absolute favorite fall photo this year. I saw that tree blazing with color from a good half mile away - against the grey of the rubble of the building. I upped the contrast on this a bit in photoshop to pull more of the color out - but the rest was just a perfect shot waiting to happen....I couldnt help but think of how sad it was that it took the tree's imminent death to get my attention - if it had been spring and just a plain old green tree - I seriously doubt I would have noticed it as I drove past - and it saddened me to think that we often see people this way ...

Sometimes it takes death, to see the beautiful bright lives we had among us all along.


These buildings are located right across the street from Meridian High School of of the Guide Meridian, near Lynden. I really really wanted to go inside of them but by the looks of the place, I thought Id pass on that idea ...as Im not too fond of breaking bones or falling into giant pits in barns and buildings that look like they are just waiting for an excuse to topple over...


So I settled for wandering along the street and taking what pictures I could from the safety of the other side of the roadway. I just love the fall and the color explosions it brings!

No comments: