January 28, 2008

Hello World!

I've decided to start a seperate blog for my wandering photos - as requested by some family members, friends and various past and present clients - so here we go.

How about we jump right in and visit the old cement mixing plant out off of Marine drive?


I went on a gloomy old Sunday when I thought there would be less chance of anyone working there and luckily I was right. I dont like people watching me take pictures and I tend to get all giggly and squeal alot when I turn a corner and find a giant alien looking metal contraption oozing rust all over the place...like these -





I went all weak in the knees there for a few minutes as I noticed the rust was about the same tone as the tall wheat like grass surrounding all of the giants before me. It seemed like a living painting for a moment - the man made textures being eaten by natures....

There were plenty of greens and yellows around though - the photo above proves that. The green grass poked through in just the right places to bring out the greens and yellows in the machinery that was lying on the edge of it all and the tall yellowish / brown grass growing up between the metal frames was just asking to be photographed...




Then I turned another corner in the lot and found a little dream world of textures, shapes, lines, and colors everywhere I turned. Im a sucker for all of those - but put them all in one shot and Im in la la land for hours.

It started raining on me about then - so I had to pack it up and hike back through the sticker bushes to the car and try to defrost my poor little fingers so I could drive again - but not before I vowed to go back and explore some more - and maybe next time I will take a photo buddy with me and see about getting inside that lovely old building - its calling to me...

No comments: