February 15, 2008

Skittle Train!

I love trains - or rather the fun colors and all the intriguing graffitti that passes by everytime Im stuck in line waiting at the Railroad crossings. While everyone else is pounding their steering wheels and shaking fists at the train that is causing them to get to their destination all of 5-10 minutes later - Im sitting back and watching a world of art pass me by, waiting in anticipation for the next boxcar to come into view so I can see what has been painted on it.

Im also addicted to door latches, intricate contraptions and door knobs. I am not sure why - but they are fascinating. The photo above is probably my all time favorite shot of mine. Its won me numerous awards and I've even sold a few prints. I upped the contrast and bumped up the blue in this shot - I just love the blue/yellow combination along with the variety of lines and shapes.

Another of my favorite shots. Something about train doors... make me go all woozy and giggly.




I was playing around with the color and hue saturation on the these ones. I think I used them in a graphic design poster for one of my classes at the time. I cant remember now exactly what I was doing with them but I immediately thought "SKITTLE TRAIN!" and thus the series was born. I really need to get back out there and do some more train door shots with my new camera. These were taken with my old Fuji point and shoot -Im interested to see how they might turn out if I use one of my professional quality cameras....
You'll have to come back and visit soon and see what I find!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I found this blog of yours but I think it's awesome.

I am dying for warm weather to get out and try things like this.
Very inspirational.

Thank you.
scott.r.webb@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Very Inspiring!