February 25, 2008

Texture heaven!

Anyone that truely knows me - knows that I love rusty, oozing, scratched up, peeling, flakey, chipped, scraped, multicolored "Stuff" and so last Saturday, I went around to some of my favorite parts of Bellingham where all the great textures live.




I found some good stuff down by the local Lighthouse Mission near the rail road tracks. Im always excited to find a little colony of scratches on an old box car or rusted up piece of machinery.




I cant ever decide which ones I like the best - the blue stands out so much against the rusty oranges but then the reds, yellows and oranges do too - I think I just love them all too much to pick. :) Kind of like having kids - you have a favorite part about each of them but you cant really ever have one single favorite. ;)







I really need to get back out there and do this more often. I forget how much I love taking pictures of different textures. Color + Texture makes me happy. :) Im pretty easy to please I guess!
For more photos from the day - visit my album

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me just say I visit your site regularly and am amazed at your talent for finding texture in the usually abandoned, and then, then, capture it on what is an extended dimension of film.